We are often ask how lo-level depedencies are executed in AVC models. Therefore some clarifiacation on this topic:
The AVC model consists of two parts:
- High Level part: dependencies assigned to configuration profile, characteristics and characteristic values
-> use processing mode Advanced
- Low Level part: dependencies assigned to BOM items and common objects of routing (e.g. operations)
-> use processing mode Classic
The low-level-dependencies in BOM are executed during BOM explosion. The BOM explosion is processed
- During high-level configuration, e.g.
- Changing the instance for valuation
- Manual triggering of BOM explosion in structure tree
- Leaving the configuration
- Conversion of planned order into production order
- and so on …
Low-level object dependencies have full read access to all high-level characteristic values (read access of high-level cstics). High level characteristics cannot be changed by low-level procedures (no write access of high-level cstics). You are still able to assign procedures to BOM items e.g. to change item quantity (STPO-MENGE) or for class node replacement. You can use all standard reference characteristics of low-level configuration as you are used to.